Washington, D.C. – February 15, 2013 – (RealEstateRama) — Chairman of the House Ways and Means Committee, Dave Camp of Michigan, today announced the formation of eleven separate Tax Reform Working Groups that will focus on comprehensive tax reform. Republican Congressman Kevin Brady (The Woodlands, TX) was named chairman of the Energy working group.
“Affordable energy driven by the free market is key to America’s economic growth. A fairer, simpler tax code that encourages a wide variety of energy production here at home, without picking winners and losers, is critical,” said Brady.
The Energy Tax Reform Working Group will review and research current laws that affect the energy sector by talking to various stakeholders, customers and colleagues. The findings will be presented as a report to the full Committee by April 15th.
Brady noted that the fact-finding group would work as a bi-partisan organization. “I look forward to working with my Democrat colleague from California, Mike Thompson. Both parties recognize that a simpler, fairer tax code would be a benefit to families and industries alike. Together, we can build a framework that leads to fundamental tax reform.”
No related posts.
- MERS Wins in Fifth Circuit and U.S. District Court of Texas
- Congressman Al Green’s Statement on the Nomination of San Antonio Mayor Julián Castro to Head the Department of Housing and Urban Development
- Mayor Annise Parker Announces 62,000 More Homes Added to City’s Automated Curbside Recycling Program
- Green-Upton Bill Passes Out of Energy and Commerce Committee
- Attorney General Abbott Questions BLM’s Authority to Seize Private Property along Red River in Texas
- ULI Houston Mayor's Forum produces report back from real estate leaders
- The Regus Group Opens its Newest Houston Area Business Center in the CITYCENTRE Development
- Mayor Bill White Appointing David Mincberg To Houston Housing Authority Board
- State housing agency awards $1.9 million for new senior apartment complex in Floresville
- Select Committee On Property Tax Relief And Appraisal Reform To Hold Hearings Across Texas
- Foreclosure Prevention Fair Planned for Saturday, June7th
- Texans Encouraged to Lower Housing Costs Through Energy Star Appliance Sales Tax Holiday
- First American Information and Outsourcing Solutions Segment To Host CampusMBA Mortgage Servicing School March 24-26 In Westlake, Texas
- Foreclosure protection offered to displaced families in Texas and Louisiana
- Charges defendants with conspiring to defraud deceased homeowners, heirs of property titles